Eviction Rental Assistance Fact Sheet for Contra Costa County
BEHIND ON YOUR RENT? HERE’S WHAT TO DO!
APPLY FOR RENTAL ASSISTANCE RIGHT AWAY! HERE’S HOW: IF YOU HAVE HAD TROUBLE PAYING YOUR RENT DUE TO COVID-19, YOU CAN QUALIFY FOR RENTAL ASSISTANCE FOR UP TO 100% OF THE RENT YOU OWE!
DOCUMENTS & INFORMATION YOU’LL NEED TO APPLY:
- Contact info for your landlord – name, address, phone number, email
- Identity document (1 of the following) – Birth certificate, driver’s license, employment ID, or marriage/divorce certificate
- Income verification (1 of the following) – IRS tax form, W-2, recent pay stub, or current bank account statement
- Proof of residency (1 of the following) – Lease/written agreement, utility statement, state-issued ID, license, or library card
- Proof of rent owed (1 of the following) – Current lease signed with rent amount. If no lease: bank statement, or formal notice (with your name on it) of attempt to collect rent
GET FREE HELP WITH YOUR RENTAL ASSISTANCE APPLICATION
Able Community Foundation (510) 768-3100
- West Contra Costa Languages: English, Thai, Laotian, Russian, Vietnamese, Mongolian
The Latina Center (510) 260-1264 or (510) 233-8595
- West Contra Costa Languages: English, Spanish
LISC Partner Network Hotline(833) 687-0967
- Countywide; Connects to many organizations
AAPI Coalition(510) 630-6852 or (510) 260-0602
- Countywide Languages: English, Nepali, Hindi
Monument Impact(925) 954-9488
- In-person appointments available Central/East CountyLanguages: English, Spanish
PROTECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS!
IS YOUR LANDLORD TRYING TO EVICT YOU? DON’T PANIC! KNOW YOUR RIGHTS & TAKE ACTION TO PROTECT YOURSELF! Under state law (AB 832), landlords must meet ALL of these requirements to evict a tenant for non-payment.
- Provide a 3-day notice in the tenant’s primary language (15-day notice required if before 10/1/21)
- Attach a COVID-19 Hardship Declaration form for the tenant (if before 10/1/21)
- Provide information on the state’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program
- Include a notice from the State of California on COVID Rental Debt (per CA Code of Civil Procedure Section 1179.04)
FREE TENANT LEGAL SERVICES
Important! Call for help as soon as you receive an eviction notice; don’t go it alone!
- Centro Legal de la Raza (510) 437-1554
- Bay Area Legal Aid (510) 250-5270
- Eviction Defense Center (510) 452-4541
- Contra Costa Senior Legal Services (for individuals aged 60+) (925) 609-7900
- EBASE Tenant Clinics (1st and 3rd Tuesdays @ 6pm) – Call 925-529-4843 or 925-240-3441
Visit Housing is Key to apply:
https://housing.ca.gov or call (833)430-2122